- Very low harmonics since the sine wave is generated directly. Subsequently, low EMI.
- Self-switching at high frequencies if frequency is not critical.
- Can be separately switched if frequency is critical.
- High reliability with very few components.
- Is short-circuit proof. A short-circuit merely causes transistors to stop switching.
- Can provide high AC voltage, high frequency from battery voltages, such as 5000v to produce sparks on an automotive type spark plug as a methane gas igniter.
- Has provided high reliability back-up for a 115 volt 400 Hz power failures.
- Has generated high voltage, high frequency with plasma loads for medical equipment.
- Best topology for high voltage outputs. Minimizes problem of high distributed capacitance reflected to primary.
- Sine-wave suitable for voltage multiplier circuits. This results in lower voltage diodes, capacitors, and transformers which have lower cost.
- Automatically provides power-factor correction for the load with self-switching circuit.
- Very high reliability experience in military applications.
Contact an MCE engineer for more information concerning a specific application. A design can be accomplished rapidly and small quantities can usually be supplied from materials in stock.